Quick Checklist for Selecting a Great Company Name
- A company name is different from one of the businesses in the company.
- Brainstorm words that describe your Businesses, or anticipated businesses.
- If there is an acronym or abbreviation that would give you felxibility for the future, consider that.
- Avoid cute or trite phrases and plays on words.
- Pick a name early in the alphabet. A is best.
- Make your name easy to say.
- Check what the name means in other languages.
- Check to be sure that your name is not already taken. Check with the state department in your state.
- Make sure you don’t make a variant of someone’s brand.
- Do a small survey to try the name out on potential customers.
Try Out the Acronym Creator for Brainstorming Ideas. Type in several keywords.